Monday, September 2, 2013

Outfits: Internship Week 2

Pin It
Hey! I hope everyone's work week was great and that you are all enjoying this lovely long weekend because I sure did (hence the late post) but here are the outfits I wore on week two!

There are some days were I feel overdressed for the environment I am working in (reminder: athletics office) so I am still working on balancing it all because I know that if I were working in a law office, some of my pieces would be different. As I have said before, below are some ideas but make sure to always tailor your look to your work place. 
Monday- Black tank, black pencil skirt, and black pointy toed pump have all previously been featured. I chose to pair it all with a light cardigan rather than a suit jacket in order to dress it down a bit. The cardigan is from TJ Maxx and was $6.99.
Pin It

Wednesday: Black slacks and black pointed toe pumps previously featured. The top is an off-white peplum with a black lacy design and it is from Burlington Coat Factory (I love this place, can you tell)- $12.99 

Thursday: This entire outfit was previously featured on the post about dresses so I took the opportunity to show how this outfit can quickly turn into a happy hour outfit. With a little pre-planning, you can go straight from the office.

Changes: I took off the jacket and replaced the belt and shoes and tada, you are now ready for a night on the town. I used the black belt ($2.99 at Beya) which is elastic to make the dress slightly shorter. This is a great option if you are wearing an office appropriate look that is maybe a little too frumpy outside of the office because you can adjust it to be a length you are comfortable with. I also replaced the closed toed pumps with a simple strappy heel which is great to have in your car because they match with most things. They were $20 on justfab.com.

Friday: Last week on casual Friday I was told that I could come even more casual so I wore dark wash jeans ($7.50) at Forever21. Forever21 usually has their jeans $10.50 which is an awesome price but I was lucky enough to come in on a sale day. Polka dot top with a black tank underneath was previously featured. Shoes (I call them imitation Toms) Charlotte Russe $10.

Now on to week 3!
Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment