Friday, September 20, 2013

Outfits: Internship Week 4 & 5

Pin It
Better late than never right? I had a busy week last week and did not get around to posting my outfits on a budget but here they are...below is a combination of week 4 and 5 of my internship!

Above: Entire outfit previously featured. 
This outfit sparked a debate in my office. I work with two men and they were curious as to whether black and brown was "allowed" for women. Apparently when a man wears black and brown, he is breaking some sort of unwritten fashion law. Personally, I like the contrast of brown and black and figure, hey, if the color combination is already built into this jacket then I am going to wear it. 
Considering the countless things women must deal with that men do not even have to think about, I will consider the fact that women can wear black and brown together and still look fashionable a "win" for the ladies!


Above: Grey slacks and grey pumps previously featured. Yellow top- TJ Maxx $12.99. Depending on your office, this top can be worn either tucked in or out and with or without a jacket. I was having one of those "I want to stay in my pajamas" days so I was very grateful for this looser fitting option.

As I have said before ladies, we all know that a dress is a great summertime option. The above tube dress is from Target and was $24.99. Again, if required by your office, wear a nice black suit jacket and it changes the whole look.

I guess I wore a lot of black this week but it really is a great color isn't it? My pencil skirt and shoes were previously featured. Black top: Burlington $16.99. I was SO comfortable in this outfit all day today besides the fact that I walked through mud and ruined my shoes....anyone have any tips on how to get mud off of faux suede??

Above: All pieces have been previously featured. Last time I wore these pants to my internship I wore them with navy blue pumps and a white button down so I changed the look by switching out the white for black
Pin It

Boom! I had to shock my co-workers with a little bit of color after so much black. Hot pink button-down top: Burlington Coat Factory $12.99, Grey pencil skirt: previously featured, Grey strappy pumps: Ross $18.99. 
Someone told me today that my shoes looked painful but there are surprisingly comfortable. Even if they would be painful I probably would have worn them anyway because pain is beauty right? Well, I don't think that has to be true but we have all worn something slightly painful at some point in order to look good...but beauty does not have to be painful on your wallet, that's the biggest lesson of all!

Above: My casual Friday look- Brown tube top: Charlotte Russe $4.99, Beige linen jacket (great for these hot Miami months): Marshalls $12.99, Dark denim skinny jeans: Forever21 $7.99, "Tony the Tiger" flats-- I got these from a $5 shoe store!
Pin It
Aging, THANKS FOR READING! I wish you all a fashionable, inexpensive week ahead...until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment