Friday, September 27, 2013

Outfits: Internship Week 6 and the Joys of a Good Peplum!!

Pin It
Happy Friday!! Another day another dollar right? Well no, not for me, at least not yet since I am working my booty off for free, but since I don't believe fashion and funds go hand in hand, below are my outfits on a budget. My Monday outfit is not pictured because it is a dress that I have pictured in the past.
Wednesday: Grey slacks-previously featured, Blue button down with white stripes- Old Navy $9.99. As I mentioned before, my current office does not require a jacket, but adding a grey suit jacket is a great option if you are trying to dress up your look.

Casual Friday: Top- previously featured, black skinny jeans- Burlington Coat Factory $14.99, Black close-toed wedges- Rainbow $10.99

Pin It
Below is my Thursday outfit followed by the many uses for a peplum top. I own several peplums and I have found that they are very versatile so here are some ideas on how to make your $12.99 go very far...
Thursday: Black and white flowered peplum- Burlington Coat Factory $12.99, Pants and Black pumps were previously featured.

Paired with black skinny jeans and black wedges. This look works well for a casual Friday or maybe a weeknight dinner with girlfriends.

Paired with a tight black mini skirt and black heels. This look could work for something like a date or a work dinner. Wearing a tight mini skirt with a peplum gives the illusion that you are wearing a cute slightly 80's inspired dress (you can decide for yourself whether that is a look you like or not)

Make a peplum fun by adding a pop of color and a pair of shorts. I would wear this out maybe for drinks with my friends or a date night.

Weekend casual- Pairing the peplum with white, denim, cut-off shorts and sandals gives a casual yet very "put together" look.

White skinny jeans and a pointy black pump allow for a young yet sophisticated look.

Boom! Colored denim is very popular right now. I love the idea of adding a pop of color with a simple strappy black heel.

Obviously, depending on the style of the peplum, there are several ways to change your look, which makes them a great investment in my eyes! I hope you enjoyed this weeks looks. Happy shopping, happy styling, and happy working...we will make the big bucks someday!!
Pin It


Until next week!


2 comments:

  1. Love everything on here!!! Why haven't I been reading these posts before? Your closet is amazing and you are such a good bargain finder, clearly I need to try Burlington again, my first and only experience with them was a huge bust. What brands are the black strappy heels and the black cut out heels with the black mini skirt??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!! That means a lot :)

      Burlington is a toss up but when it's good, it's GOOD. I think it also depends on which one. The black strappy heels are from justfab.com. All the shoes are $39.99 but if it is your first time they have the shoes buy one get one free or 20% off depending on when you buy. They also have shoes on sale all the time. I have had great experiences with them because it is easy to exchange or return a shoe if it doesn't fit right. As for the black shoes with the cut outs, they are easily 4 or 5 years old and I can't remember where I bought them...If I remember (or my sister remembers when I ask her) I will let you know!

      Delete