Friday, August 23, 2013

Outfits: Internship Week 1

Pin It
Hello readers! It has been a couple of weeks since my last post but I have been a busy busy bee! I officially started my new internship on Monday (working for free as usual) and from now on I will be posting my outfits for the week every Friday so please check back at the end of every work week.

I am currently working in a college athletics department (I am so excited about this opportunity!) so the attire tends to be a little more business casual than the outfits I have posted in the past. I am trying to find a balance between blending in with the current employees and being slightly more dressy in order to avoid looking like the intern who got too comfortable too quickly. Plus, if I went very casual, people would likely think that I was a student rather than someone who is actually working in the office. They say dress for the job you want, not for the job you have and I believe it is always better to be overdressed than under-dressed.

Every week I will feature my 4 work outfits (I do not work on Tuesdays), one of which is casual (or semi-casual in my case) Friday.

Monday: All the pieces have been previously featured--Shoes - Burlington Coat Factory $16.99, Black and white suit jacket- Burlington $10, Black dress pants - Marshalls $12.99, Bag- Justfab.com $20...this nude bag has become my go-to work bag and I LOVE IT!

Same outfit as above- black puffy sleeve top: Wal-Mart $4.99
Pin It



Wednesday- Dress was previously featured: Ross $26.99, Brown shoes: Marshalls $39.99-- This is more than what I would usually pay for a pair of shoes but brown, closed toed, work shoes have proven very difficult to find so I splurged :)


Thursday- White button-down: Sears $9.99, Navy blue patterned pants (I am not sure why these photograph black, they are a beautiful navy blue and have a great pattern on them. They are my new favorite item): TJMaxx $24.99, Navy blue pumps: $20 (there is a better picture of these in my "There shouldn't be cleavage on your feet" blog)
"Semi-Casual" Friday: Teal and lime colored polka-dot top (tank top underneath it was a gift)- Burlington Coat Factory $14.99, Beige dress pants- TJMaxx $12.99, Beige pumps- justfab.com $39.99.

Happy work week everyone! I hope you liked this weeks outfits! Remember, you don't need a lot of money to be trendy and professional. Until next week!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment