Monday, July 22, 2013

There Shouldn't be Cleavage on Your Feet

Pin It
I had planned on waiting until tomorrow before adding a new post until I received an item in the mail. I thought it was all a dream, I had already told myself this item did not exist in the universe and decided it was just a fact of life that every woman searches for this and never finds it. I am talking about NAVY PUMPS! Yes, you read that right, NAVY PUMPS, aw man I have to write it one more time just to believe it NAVY PUMPS! Not bright blue, or a weird shade of aqua, or a navy colored, baby heeled, pointed grandma shoe, they are friggen' NAVY PUMPS! Okay maybe that last reminder wasn't necessary but I am so excited!

Soooo what better day to write about work appropriate shoes. Here are some tips:

1. As per my title: Foot cleavage is usually a no-no! If your office requires truly professional work wear, it is safest for you to keep your shoes close-toed. On the weekend or the office Christmas party, rock that sexy strappy stiletto but at work it is best to stay away from any type of cleavage. I think especially if you are young and new to an office, you want to be taken seriously so be you, be stylish, but keep it classy.

2. Height is up to you. Now, some people may say that a very high heel is not work appropriate but I say hey, if you can walk in them (and I mean really walk in them, not waddle like a penguin heading to its igloo or drag your feet as if your heels weigh 88 pounds each), then rock those 5 inch heels (if they are closed toed and have no glitter on them of course...avoid studs, chains, etc.). On the other hand, if you are standing or walking most of the day, don't want to look taller, or are just not the high heel type of girl, there are work appropriate flats.

Below are some pictures of my shoes with stores/websites and prices :)
Pin It


Above: I had to start with my new babies, I am going to wrap them in a blanket and cuddle with them  tonight. The flash slightly changes the color but in person they are NAVY (sorry I just feel like lowercase letters don't do them justice!). I bought these on justfab.com on a buy one get one free sale so technically they were just $20 and were shipped straight to my house. 
Above: These black pointy toed pumps are from Charlotte Russe and were $9.99 (insoles not included..hey there is no shame here. Shoving an insole to the front of a pointy toed pump helps keep your foot back and your toes happy)

Above: These are an alternative to the heel. I don't wear many flats to "work" because if I did I would look like a 16 year old. I had an internship at the courthouse last year and the one day I came with flats the bailiff begged me to never do it again because he kept thinking I was a high school student. These however, are great. I bought them at old navy for $6.99

Above: These are my "go-to" shoes. I pretty much have worn them to every interview I have been on. They are pretty plain but the small bow adds a nice detail when I wear them with a pencil skirt. I bought them at Burlington Coat Factory for $16.99

Above: Another one of my prized possessions. In person these shoes are slightly more beige than they appear. The heels are a nice height and they are very comfortable. These are from Ross and cost $16.99!! I was honestly in shock when I found them. Stores like Ross are difficult to search and are often frustrating but I promise if you go with a positive attitude and a little time on your hands, you are sure to find gems among the mess

Above: Disclaimer- these heels are high, high, super high, maybe like 5 1/2 inches. I usually wear these when my pants are too long and it works out just fine. I bought them on justfab.com on another buy one get one free sale so they were just $20.

Above: A smaller grey heel, great for wide legged pants. I bought them at Burlington Coat Factory for $9.99. Burlington is one of those stores I constantly check because they get new stuff all the time and their prices are unbeatable 

Above: Again, these are very high pumps. I do not wear these often but they look awesome with the bright blue jacket I featured in my previous post. I bough these at Rainbow for $16.99

Above: Okay, I know, I said no foot cleavage but the peep toe on this shoe is so small I don't think I am breaking my rule. These are from Macy's (sale of course and I had a gift card, otherwise my budget does not extend that far yet). Price: $24.99

The only thing I am still on the hunt for is the perfect brown pump. Feel free to let me know if you have any idea where to find it. Otherwise, I will continue on my search and give you an update when they magically appear :)

There it is, those are all the "work" shoes I own, hopefully someday soon they will walk me into a place that gives me a paycheck at the end of the week :) 

Stay tuned for my next post which will appear near the end of the week and is all about interview attire. Thanks for reading and remember at work, there shouldn't be any cleavage.
Pin It



















No comments:

Post a Comment