Friday, July 26, 2013

"Tell Me a Little About Yourself"

Pin It
Interviews- very exciting because it means there is a job opportunity on the horizon, but so incredibly stressful (for me at least) because of the uncertainty. Will the interviewer be nice? What will he or she ask? Do I seem nervous? They always tell me I seem nervous. Ugh with so many unanswered questions there is one thing you should go in being certain of...Damn I look professional!

Your interview is not the day to make a fashion statement. No crazy colors, sky high shoes, or bulky jewelry. Below are some ideas for interview clothing on a broke girls budget.

P.s. Ignore my bright nail polish--I would say that is definitely an interview "don't" but I guess nails will be a post for another day :)
Above- Grey Jacket: TJ Maxx $12.99, Grey Pencil Skirt: TJ Maxx $9.99, White Pleated Button-Down: Sears $9.99 (Sears is amazing for button-downs), Grey Pumps: Justfab.com $20.00
Above: All same as previous image except grey slacks: Marshalls $12.99
Above: All same as previous image except black puffy sleeved top: Wal-Mart $4.99
Above- Black jacket: Madrag $14.99, Redish/Orange top:  TJ Maxx $12.99, Black Pencil skirt: Burlington Coat Factory $10, Black pointy toed pump: Burlington Coat Factory $9.99

A black pant suit is also a great option. I usually choose to wear it with a colored button down maybe baby blue or blush rather than a white top because when I wear my white button down and black pants I can't help but feel like a waiter at the olive garden. If you are however  interviewing at the Olive Garden, then rock that look.
Pin It
Make-up: We are broke and make-up is expensive so lucky us, a lot of make-up is not recommended for an interview. Go put together but natural (powder, blush, mascara, and a little gloss goes a long way).

Hair: Most importantly- brush it. I say this because I hate brushing my hair, I usually just brush my fingers through it but an interview is a special occasion. I would recommend keeping your hair out of your face. Whether it is a slick pony-tail, a "half-up, half down" hairstyle or a french braid (tutorial to come), show off that eager "I will work my ass off for you face."

Stay tuned for my next post about dresses on a budget for work! Thanks for reading!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment