Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Outfits: Internship Week 7-10

Pin It
Hello my fashionistas on a budget! Below are most of my outfits from the past four weeks. I have lost track of the days so the pictures are not labeled as usual but who cares about the days right?! What matters are the prices so here we go!
Above: Top H&M 12.99, Brown pants and brown heels were previously featured. This top is fun to add some color to your wardrobe but as usual, I would suggest having a jacket handy. Since, as I have said before, I work in an athletics office, I am usually overdressed (on purpose-remember, dress for the job you want, not the job you have) so a jacket is not a necessity most of the time but it is good to have one with you.
Above: All of these pieces have been previously featured. I chose to pair this tight fitting pencil skirt with a looser fitting top because I do do not think it is appropriate in the work place to be showing all your goodies, you know what I mean? It is important to look professional at all times.
Above: This was a casual Friday look. Dark pants: Forever21 $7.99, Grey T-shirt: Old Navy $4.99, Blue/Grey Jacket and flats were previously featured. I also want to make a note that all my pictures are taken at the end of the day so the wrinkles are a product of my work rather than a lack of ironing :)
Above: Black Slacks and Black heels previously featured. Top: Burlington Coat Factory $12.99
Pin It
Above: This dress has been previously featured. The picture makes it seem a but short but in person, the dress falls a little above the knee. Rather than wear it with my black jacket and heels as I did in the past, today I chose to tone the look down a bit by pairing the dress with nude colored flats. (Previously featured from Old Navy)
Above: Another casual Friday look. Dark denim paired with a black long tank, black linen jacket, and tiger printed flats. All of the pieces have been previously featured except for the black linen jacket which I bought at TJ Maxx for $16.99. Pairing a simple outfit with bold shoes is a great option when you want to look professional but still young and trendy.
Above: Today I has no one to take my picture so I improvised. All pieces have been previously featured. Featured- Navy pumps and navy pencil skirt with a yellow flowy top.
Above: Black slacks and black shoes previously featured. In the past year have lost some weight and have found that all my dress pants are now way too loose and I was in desperate need of a belt. Who knew that this would be so difficult to find?!? Belts for women are harder to find than belts for men and apparently very expensive but I figured that at the moment it would be cheaper to purchase a belt than the replace all of my pants. I FINALLY found this black one on sale at Target for $7.99. Top: Marshalls $12.99
Above: Top and shoes were previously featured, Black Pleated Skirt: Marshalls $14.99. A skirt like this is a great way to look professional while stepping away from the traditional pencil skirt.
Above: Again, excuse the wrinkles, these pictures are all taken at the end of my day. Every item here was previously featured (white tube top, blue/grey jacket, beige dress pants, navy pumps). It is nice to step out of the usual black, white and grey we find in the workplace and step into something lighter.

You may have noticed how 90% of the pieces above have been previously featured but none of the outfits are the same, that is the joy of mixing and matching. Mixing and matching is essential for anyone on a budget. Again, thanks for reading!! Until next time :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment